CANBERRA, (Web Desk) – An ABC journalist has won a legal battle after a court ruled that her dismissal was unlawful following the publication of a report documenting allegations that Israel was using starvation as a weapon against civilians in Gaza.
The journalist had been dismissed after publishing a report examining the use of hunger and restrictions on food supplies in Gaza. The case subsequently went before the court, which ruled that the termination of her employment was illegal.
An ABC journalist was fired from her job for publishing a report confirming Israel's use of starvation as a weapon in Gaza. In court, the judge ruled that her dismissal was illegal.
— China Times (@ChinaTimesX) August 14, 2026
In her victory speech, she said: 'Since 2023 until now, Israel has been using hunger as a weapon… pic.twitter.com/Wz747BFufY
In a statement following the ruling, the journalist described the decision as a significant victory for press freedom and accountability.
“Since 2023 until now, Israel has been using hunger as a weapon against civilians,” she said, arguing that the use of starvation against Gaza’s civilian population was “deliberate and intentional.”
The ruling has drawn renewed attention to the role of journalists reporting on the humanitarian crisis in Gaza, as well as broader concerns over media independence and the protection of journalists covering the conflict.
The case also highlights the growing international debate over allegations that food deprivation and restrictions on humanitarian assistance have been used as a means of exerting pressure on Gaza’s civilian population.

Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.